What Is The Most Common Change People Strive To See In Their Smiles?
They want whiter teeth.
Teeth whitening is the fastest and simplest method to restore your natural smile, gracing you with the confidence to navigate your daily endeavors! Not only does it yield effective results, teeth whitening is a safe and well trusted process. Having your teeth whitened under professional care and guidance are the surest remedies to guarantee a more radiant smile, not to mention results can be obtained in as little as just one simple appointment.
Our Patients are Proud to Belong to Barton Dental
Comfortable and COVID-19 Safe Experience
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
Every unique smile is a result of unique factors- your age, lifestyle, diet, medications, and so much more, directly dictate the state of your teeth and gums. A whitening product can be successful for one smile, but yield few results for the next. Worse yet, some store-bought brands may even end up damaging your gums.
Our professional teeth-whitening gives you these distinct advantages over off-the-shelf products:
- Curated to Your Needs: Booking an appointment with us for teeth whitening gives us the opportunity to discuss what troubles you regarding the appearance of your smile and what results you strive to achieve through our service. After a thorough examination of your smile, we are positioned to recommend and perform the optimal procedure, which is best suited for your smile and yield the results you desire.
- Performed by Experts: Our talented dentists are professionally trained to whiten any smile. Their expertise allows them to pinpoint which procedure to perform while following all safety protocols, going to great lengths to ensure your protection.
- Dramatic Improvement: We utilize a prescription-strength bleaching solution during our teeth whitening procedures. This solution contains the most powerful whitening agents on the professional market.
- Immediate Results: Exceptional results may only be achieved by professional teeth whitening services, in as little as one hour
- Even Whitening: Over-the-counter teeth whitening methods are infamous for yielding uneven results. This is especially true regarding whitening strips, which fail to cover the entirety of a tooth. This is why its crucial
- Maximized Comfort: Our perfected whitening process includes the use of a laser, which minimizes any chance of gum irritation or painful sensitivity during your appointment.
Once again, only a qualified dentist can accurately evaluate the safest, and most effective whitening procedure for you. Don’t hesitate to give us a call!
At-Home Whitening Kits
For patients who seek a more independent approach, we offer customized take-home whitening kits. Providing you the ability to whiten your teeth on your own time, even from the comfort of your own home.
A glistening alternative to store-bought kits, our at-home kits gradually lighten enamel over the course of three to four weeks and also include:
- Medical-strength whitening gel: The whitening power of our at-home kits far overshadows the potential effectiveness that any store-bought product could yield.
- Customized dental trays for the best results: Our application trays are perfectly customized based on models of your actual teeth. This design allows the product to embrace the natural contours and grooves of your teeth, enabling consistent whitening of the enamel; a feat unachievable through the usage of one-size-fits-all dental trays found in store-bought kits.
- Expert dental guidance: Our professionals properly equip you with the instructions and knowledge to safely utilize the at-home kits.
Try our at-home whitening kits for near-professional results.
When To Whiten?
Teeth whitening will not modify the appearance of any crowns, bridges, veneers, and fillings. Therefore, our dentists would suggest whitening first in places where crowns, fillings, or veneers will be required in the near future. Our dentists are then able to match the colour effectively when performing the procedures mentioned previously.
Professional teeth whitening removes stains and discolouration from not only the surfaces of teeth, but the areas from deep within.
Start today by booking a consultation
Why Teeth Become Stained Or Discoloured?
Surface Stains: Our teeth are shielded by a layer of enamel, composed primarily of minerals, this is the hardest substance in the human anatomy.
However, tooth enamel is also porous. Meaning tiny holes dot its surface, absorbing substances which stain your teeth, most notably:
- Dark-coloured beverages including tea, coffee, wine, colas and fruit juices.
- Dark-coloured sauces such as tomato and soy sauce.
- Sugary beverages and foods.
- Brightly coloured fruit such as berries, cherries and pomegranates.
- Tobacco products including smoking and chewing.
- Poor nutrition and oral hygiene are also leading factors of discolouration.
As mentioned above, discolouration also occurs within the inner portion of the tooth- the layer just below the enamel. In its natural state, this layer has a yellow or grayish hue and as someone ages the enamel deteriorates exposing the true colour beneath. This leads to many smiles appearing dingy and dull as they age. Illnesses, injury, or medications may also contribute to discolouration
Top Teeth Whitening Options
Teeth whitening is the perfect alternative for lightening the natural colour of your teeth without relying on more invasive and demanding procedures like veneers. Undergoing teeth whitening at our office or carefully following the instructions in your take-home kit will yield radiant results without any lasting sensitivity.
Professional Whitening Treatment
We recommend many patients invest in professional in-office treatments, as it best suits the criteria needed to whiten their smiles. During an in-office whitening, a bleaching solution is carefully applied to the surface of the teeth using uniquely designed trays. Once the trays are set in place, a laser is utilized to softly heat the solution, activating oxygen molecules which directly penetrate enamel to remove stains. Not only does teeth whitening offer immediate results, it reduces the risk of gum irritation and sensitivity.
Take-home Teeth Whitening Kit
For those who have a preference to whiten their smiles in the comfort and solitude of their own homes, we offer customized take-home whitening kits. These kits are equipped with customized application trays which hug the natural contours and grooves of your teeth. Acting as a blueprint to the unique details of your teeth, this allows for the consistent and complete whitening of your enamel. Contrast to store-bought kits, our whitening trays are crafted from actual models of your teeth, yielding more successful results and reducing the risks of irritation and sensitivity. Remember, take-home kits work to gradually lighten enamel over the course of three to four weeks.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
Cost Of Professional Teeth Whitening In Hamilton
Teeth whitening treatments performed by dental professionals in office can cost in the bracket of $600 to $1200 depending on various factors. A take-home kit provides more affordability and may be more comfortable for some patients, while still providing guidance from dental professionals as well. It usually costs between $300 to $600, depending on individual needs.
Why is there such a steep difference in cost? Consider the pros and cons between in-office whitening, take-home kits and over-the-counter whitening:
- Performed by experienced dental professionals.
- Extremely accurate, greatly reducing irritation and long-lasting sensitivity.
- While in office, we are better equipped to utilize stronger and more effective whitening agents.
- Yields the quickest results.
- Under the care and guidance of professionals, we are able to dispense whitening agents which are more effective than the drugstore over-the-counter options.
- Noticeably whiter teeth in weeks, not months.
- Custom-made trays are easy to apply, reduce the risk of gum irritation and result in an even application of the whitening agent.
- Can be applied in the comfort of your own home, and flexible to the demands of your busy schedule.
If you have any further questions, concerns, or are looking for a more accurate quote, we encourage you to give us a call or request an appointment today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Plaque forms when bacteria from food and drink particles build up. Over time, plaque hardens to form tartar, which can only be successfully removed by a dentist or hygienist. This yellow coating can form on or around your teeth if you don’t have routine professional checkups and secondly, follow that up with thorough daily brushes at home.
The process is definitely safe; however, you may still experience some oral sensitivity. This can arise on your first or second treatment, and may diminish over time. It is crucial to always follow the guidelines associated with your take-home kit or over-the-counter products.
If you have any crowns, veneers, or fillings on your front teeth, they will not change colour as a result of the whitening process. However, whitening the surrounding teeth may make the crowns and fillings stand out.
Most insurance companies do not cover teeth whitening services. We encourage you to contact your insurance provider to check if they do just in case. Regardless, we will gladly provide an estimate for you to submit to your provider.
After a teeth whitening treatment, please avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt. As highlighted above, dark staining drinks like tea, coffee, red wine, coloured soft or alcoholic drinks and fruit juice. You should also avoid foods like tomato sauce, curry, soy sauce, red meat, chocolate and all fruits…except bananas!
Depending on the type of procedure you underwent and how well you maintain your teeth afterwards, the results can last for anywhere from 6 months to 3 years.